The fact is that Excel is the accountant’s, finance, and business professional’s best friend. Companies everywhere are overwhelmed by the abundance of unstructured and unclean data. Monthly, quarterly and annual closings are immensely data-driven and require moving and exporting data from ‘ERPs’ and databases to Excel. This hands-on course will advance your data massaging, modeling, integration, and automation skills to new levels. You will also master normalization and massaging of noisy data, preparation of reports, analysis, and reconciliation. This is an Excel-based course that will help you develop an exclusive level of expertise that adds immediate value to your job and company. Course Methodology
20% of the course is ‘design and structure’ focused while 80% uses MS Excel as a powerful tool to perform daily, monthly and periodic tasks. Groups and individuals will be required to complete exercises, case studies, and projects on a daily basis.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Apply Excel reporting expertise in business, finance, and accounting by enhancing data slicing and dicing, data massaging, and data analysis skills
- Use pivot tables and pivot charts to perform automated report writing, analysis and reconciliation most efficiently
- Develop special flash and management reports by linking up Excel with Access, web, text, SQL, and other databases
- Repeat tasks and generate reports efficiently by recording, running, and editing macros
- Acquire numerous tips and tricks that will improve working efficiency
Business, finance, and accounting professionals, senior and junior accountants, business analysts, research professionals, marketing and sales professionals, administrative staff, supervisors, general business professionals, and staff from any function who need to learn and apply state-of-the-art techniques to their daily business reporting, reconciliations, and analysis.